Hang in there. It’s really not as crazy as it sounds.
I was sent a few samples of Pure Spoon baby food, a cold-pressed baby food company that is really transparent about the ingredients it uses and values maximum nutrition for growing little bellies. This was a tough one for me, because although I stand behind the values of the company, I didn’t have a clue what I would do with baby food.
The obvious choice was to feed the samples (Avocado Apple Pear, Carrot Zucchini, and Butternut Squash Apple and Oat) to Rigby and let her pick her favorite.
With a little thought, I realized that Pure Spoon baby food is perfect for smoothies. Think about it:
- the ingredients are already prepped
- we drink smoothies to be healthy, and Pure Spoon has maximum nutrients due to its High Pressure Pasteurization
- Pure Spoon baby food comes in mixed flavors, so you can make more interesting and unique smoothies with less effort and ingredients
- baby food is already blended, so less noisy blending and more delicious slurping
Baby Food Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 8 ounces organic apple juice
- 1 single-serving Pure Spoon baby food (my recommendation is Avocado, Apple & Pear)
- Optional add-ons: handful of spinach, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Put everything in the blender and blend, baby!